Monday, November 7, 2011

Is This A Nightmare?


So I had this dream the other night that my alarm woke me up very early in the morning.  I got up, looked out the window, and noticed there was frost on the ground and the wind was blowing swiftly.  I proceded to get dressed, not really knowing how cold it was outside, I put on several layers of clothing.  The next thing I knew I was on an old school bus heading up the canyon, the road seemed to go on and on for miles. I realized that the further we drove the more snow there seemed to be on the ground.  I was getting very nervous.  I kept wondering, "where in the world was this bus driver taking us?" And then suddenly he stopped, somewhere in the middle of Snow Canyon St. George, he turned the bus around as if he were going to drive back down the canyon. Much to my dismay he didn't drive down the canyon, instead he opened the door and told everyone it was time to get off the bus.  The minute that door opened I could feel the rush of the cold wind on my face and I thought, "this guy is crazy, no way am I getting off this bus and going out into the dark, cold, windy, outdoors!!  I sat and waited until every single person got off the bus and then I realized I had no choice, I had to get off the bus.

Once I was off the bus I ran to the restroom.  (Cold air seems to make me have to do that.)  As soon as I walked out of the restroom I heard a gun go off and someone yelled on a loud speaker that it was now time to run 13 miles back down the canyon to where we started!!!  What?  Was I in some kind of nightmare??  Yep, turns out I was!  Although I wished I was asleep, I wasn't, actually I was very much awake.  Do you know what the worst part of this nightmare was?  I actually paid THEM for this experience!

Joe and I ran the Snow Canyon Half Marathon this past weekend, since we had ran the Halloween Half just the week before I was not really feeling like running that far that soon. My body quickly told me that it was tired, my quads and calves were feeling very fatigued from the week before.  Another difficulty was as I mentioned, it was cold and windy.  It is very unpleasant to run with cold wind blowing in your face for two hours.  On the bright side, this half marathon is officially our last race of this year!  Thank heaven I have my Saturdays back until January! 

No comments:

Post a Comment