Monday, August 2, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



This a very exciting week at our house!  We are celebrating the 16th birthday of our oldest child Kaylee and the 4th birthday of our youngest child Kamryn.

I just can't believe I am old enough to have a 16 year old.  It seems like just yesterday I was the one turning 16.   Where does the time go? 

I told Kaylee that I was not going to allow her to get any older but she said that I couldn't stop her.  That is not fair.

Instead of cake, this year Kaylee asked for 16 cookies from Smart Cookie. What a great idea! That was a lot easier to put together. Plus, the frosting is thick enough that we could put one candle in each cookie. Something that yummy can't be bad for you, right?

Speaking of getting older, Kamryn who is turning four years old thinks she is turning 16. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday this is what she said: "a pink cell phone, my own bathroom with a sink and a toilet, make-up, and a purple bike." Wow. What happened to barbie dolls and stuffed animals? She has obviously been influenced by her teenage sisters.

Normally, I would think she wouldn't have a clue what to do with a cell phone, but she seems to have figured out iPods and other gadgets just fine. She'll just have to wait several more years before she'll *need* a cell phone.







2 comments:

  1. haha I think that thinking that Kamryn wouldn't know what to do with a cell phone doesn't give her enough credit for being Joe-the-engineer's daughter. She is such a grown-up for being barely four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a blog!! Now I can keep up with what you are doing. (Or at least keep up better:-) Very cute pictures of both your daughters.

    And isn't it funny how kids these days know all about electronic equipment. I am sure they are born with that knowledge. It always shocks me a bit when I see how easily they adapt to technology. Maybe kids these days are just born with a technology gene.

    ReplyDelete